Controlled Inspection – Collection Notice – Version 1 (May 6)
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our franchisor, related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Ray White, its franchisor, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our franchisor, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we may not be able to, amongst other things, provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, franchisor, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breaches is set out in our current complaints handling procedures.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our franchisor’s related bodies corporate, our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. Your personal information may be stored in the cloud in an overseas country. In the event that a disclosure is made in that overseas country (which we consider unlikely), the information will not be protected by the APPs. In any event, by signing below, you consent to your information being disclosed in this manner.